Rust Removal Technology
Laser cleaning technology is a remarkable and unique tool for rust removal. Cleaning with laser light has proven to be the most gentle and effective method for restoring the beauty of historic architectural treasures including sculptures, bronze statues, ornate terracotta as well as entire building façades.
Laser cleaning removes harmful and unsightly deposits without chemicals, abrasives, water, dust or residues that can permanently damage historic surfaces. Moreover, laser cleaning is a green process; it produces no secondary waste, no run-off and no dust that can pose risks to people and the planet. Laser cleaning offers conservators an amazing tool to clean and enhance historic surfaces in a way not possible with any other method.
- Gentle cleaning with light
- No abrasion on delicate surfaces
- Non-contact / non-kinetic – only laser light processes the surface
- No chemicals, no consumables, no blast media
- Totally dry cleaning process – no water or liquids that can cause moisture damage & corrosion
- Easy to operate & easy to adjust
- High reliability with low maintenance
- Minimal operating costs
- Environmentally friendly – Clean & Green
Laser cleaning works by using extremely short duration pulses of laser light, scanned across the surface to vaporise soil, carbon deposits, oxides with other organic and inorganic contaminants. A fume extractor is used to capture the vaporised residues as they are removed to give a dust-free process with nothing to clean-up. The equipment is designed for safe use in a wide-range of applications. For personnel safety, the operator, and observers, wear special laser safety glass that provides comfortable eye protection.
In the hands of a skilled restorer or conservator, this simple-to-use hand-held laser cleaning tool produces amazing results as it uncovers and helps preserve the natural beauty of our cultural heritage .